Same Day Hot Water is the specialist in solar hot water service and installation for Rheem products.
There are a variety of solar hot water systems available on the market today. Rheem offers roof mounted solar panel collectors and storage tank or a combination of roof mounted solar panels collectors with a ground storage tank. Solar hot water systems work by harnessing the sun’s energy to heat the water. The sun is trapped in the solar collector panels on the roof to heat the water passing through the closed circuit fluid channels inside the panels. Once heated the water is then transferred to the storage tank. The mechanisms of this transfer depend on which type of system you have. In the roof mounted system the transfer of energy is done by the natural thermosiphon effect which is based on the principle that hot fluid rises. In the ground mounted system there are inbuilt circulating pumps to push the water through the system.
Due to being powered by the sun, these hot water systems are very efficient systems and environmentally friendly.
Together with Rheem’s high quality marine grade stainless steel tanks and high efficiency panels, not only can we reduce your energy bill, but we can help you reduce your carbon foot print.
Rheem Hiline® Roof Mounted Solar Hot Water Heaters
Rheem Stainless Steel RLX Series
The Rheem RLX Series includes the RLX180L or RLX305L tank. The design on this roof mounted hot water system specifically caters to a couple of different conditions. These include areas which experience frost or snow, have good water quality, and limited ground space for a hot water system. In particular regarding space, the stainless steel solar storage tank installed on the roof directly coupled to the solar collectors. There is frost protection because of the design in the solar panels. The water is indirectly heated by a glycol liquid inside both the panels and heat exchanger in the tank.
- Australis Series 2
- 7 year warranty
- Australis 10 and Titan Series
- 10 year warranty
- Reduces energy use by up to 85%
- Note the financial saving do depend on the type of Rheem solar system installed, orientation and inclination of the solar collectors, hot water consumption, and fuel tariff.
- Your choice of:
- Solar Collector Panels
- Australis collector or high performance Titan collector
- Booster heating unit (electric or gas) for days when the sun isn’t shining such as during cloudy or rainy weather and in colder months
- Stainless steel tank cylinder
- Lightweight and durable
- Designed and Manufactured in Australia
- Solar Collector Panels
The Rheem Hiline® system is available in 160 litre or 300 litre tank capacity. The key difference between Rheem Stainless Steel RLX Series and the Rheem Hiline® hot water system is the material of the storage tank. The Rheem Hiline® storage tank is made of glass lined vitreous enamel. This model is compatible with warmer climates and areas with good water quality.
- Reduces energy use by up to 65%
- Note the financial savings do depend on the type of Rheem solar system installed, orientation and inclination of the solar collectors, hot water consumption, and fuel tariff.
- Gas Boost Heat Exchanger
- 10 year warranty
- Cylinder and Collector(s)
- 5 year warranty on cylinder
- 3 year warranty on labour on cylinder and heat exchange
- Choice of electric or gas boost for when the sun doesn’t shine
- Hot pipe work is out of reach of young children
- Does not require pumps and controllers
- Space saving design
- Designed and manufactured in Australia
Rheem Loline® Solar Hot Water Heaters
The Rheem Loline® Solar Hot Water Heaters is compatible with different climates and available in different sizes to suit your needs. These include 220L, 325L, and 410L capacities. This Rheem solar hot water system combines sleek and slim roof mounted collectors and a ground mounted tank. This combination is beneficial because it reduces the structural load and increases visual appeal for the roof.
Rheem Loline® Solar water heaters use roof mounted solar collectors to absorb heat energy from the sun, which is transferred to water stored in the tank at ground level. They are highly efficient, and help reduce the production of greenhouse gas emissions. And, to ensure you have hot water all year-round, Rheem Loline® Solar water heaters can be gas or electric boosted, with automatic electronic control
No hot water emergency? With the Rheem Loline® solar hot water system the inbuilt boost in this hot water system allows it to continue to run until the roof collectors are installed. If you need an emergency replacement, you can still run this water heater on its in-built boost until your collectors are installed.
It is important to be aware that this hot water system is not recommended for areas prone to frost. However, if you are interested in a Rheem solar hot water system that is then take a look at the Rheem Premier®range by clicking the link below.
- Storage cylinder and collector(s)
- 5 year warranty
- Labour and parts
- 1 year warranty
- Eligible for incentives
- Manufactured in Australia
- Reduces energy use
- Based on Australian Government Approved (AGA) simulation model when replacing an electric hot water heater with a Rheem solar water heater
- Financial savings
- Depends on type of Rheem solar hot water system installed, orientation, and inclination
- Choice of electric or gas boost for cloudy or rainy days