All about Electric Instantaneous Hot Water Heaters
Electric Instantaneous Hot Water systems are popular in apartments and some small houses due to their space saving nature and their ability to heat water on demand.
How Electric Instantaneous Hot Water Heaters work
Electric instantaneous hot water systems work by water flowing over an immersion element heating the water to the designed temperature. Electric Instantaneous hot water systems are available in both single phase and three phase units.
Single phase as the name suggests has one phase connected to the hot water system. Therefore, a single phase unit is unable to put the same amount of energy into the water supply. Due to this reason, I only recommend the single phase units in warmer parts of the country. For example, on a 30 amp model the maximum temperature increase for 5 litres per minute will be 20 degrees. This means that if you live in one of the southern states and your cold water inlet temperature is only 10 degrees the max shower temperature at 5 litres per minute will be 30 degrees.
Three phase units will obviously have three phase electricity and can therefore add more electricity than the single phase units. As such, the flow rates and temperature will be substantially higher. Though the flow rates are still not as good as a storage tank they are usually more than enough for a regular shower.
Brands of Instantaneous & On-Demand Hot Water Heaters
Brands of Electric Instantaneous include: Stiebel Eltron, Zip, Wilson and Microheat. Check out the Instantaneous Electric Comparison Table at the end of the page to compare brands, phases, and warranty.
Here is a breakdown of the benefits and some shortcomings of Electric Instantaneous Hot Water Systems:
Pros of Electric Instantaneous Hot Water Systems
- Take up a very small amount of space
- Endless hot water also known as “On Demand Hot Water”
- Good longevity
Cons of Electric Instantaneous Hot Water Systems
- Flow rates less than storage tanks
- In most cases require 3 phase electricity
- When they fail it is harder to find experienced tradespeople
- More costly for parts and to repair
On this page I have provided a general overview about Electric Instantaneous Hot Water Systems direct from a hot water specialist. If you want more specific information for your particular situation please phone us now on 1300 721 996 and we are more than happy to help figure out if an electric instantaneous or on demand hot water heater is a suitable fit for you and your family.
ZipDBX1828c rise @ 9.2l/m25.0Amp/18.0kWMax 5035ZipDBX2728c rise @ 13.8l/m37.6Amp/27.0kWMax 5035ZipCEX925c rise @ 5.0l/m40.0Amp/27.3kWMax 5015ZipCEX9-U25c rise @ 5.8l/m40.0Amp/9.6kWMax 5015ZipDEX28c rise @ 13.8l/m39.0Amp/27.0kW50 and 6035ZipDSX28c rise @ 13.8l/m39.0Amp/27.0kW20-6035ZipMCX312c rise @ 4.0l/m15.0Amp/3.5kWup to 5015ZipMCX416c rise @ 4.0l/m19.0Amp/4.4kWup to 5015ZipMCX612c rise @ 4.0l/m25.0Amp/5.7kWup to 5015Stiebel EltronDHCE 6/5025c rise @ 4.0l/m29.6Amp/7.1kW5015Stiebel EltronDHCE 8/5033c rise @ 4.0l/m29.6Amp/9.5kW5015Stiebel EltronDHCE 8/6033c rise @ 4.0l/m29.6Amp/9.5kW6015
|Electric Instantaneous Heaters|
|Brand||Model||Temperature rise per litre||Amps/kW||Temperature Adjustment||Phases||Warranty|
|Stiebel Eltron||DHE 18 AU||27c rise @ 10l/m||27.0Amp/19.4kW||Temperature adjustable 20-60 degrees||3||5|
|Stiebel Eltron||DHE 27 AU||41c rise @ 10l/m||40.0Amp/29.1kW||Temperature adjustable 20-60 degrees||3||5|
|Stiebel Eltron||DEL 13 Plus||21c rise @ 10l/m||20.2Amp/14.5kW||Temperature adjustable 30-50 degrees||3||5|
|Stiebel Eltron||DHE 18 Plus||27c rise @ 10l/m||27.0Amp/19.4kW||Temperature adjustable 30-50 degrees||3||5|
|Stiebel Eltron||DEL 27||39c rise @ 10l/m||38.9Amp/28.0kW||Temperature adjustable 30-50 degrees||3||5|
|Stiebel Eltron||DHB-E 13 LCD||21c rise @ 10l/m||20.2Amp/14.5kW||Temperature adjustable 20-60 degrees||3||5|
|Stiebel Eltron||DHB-E 18 LCD||27c rise @ 10l/m||27.0Amp/19.4kW||Temperature adjustable 30-50 degrees||3||5|
|Stiebel Eltron||DHB-E 27 LCD||41.0c rise @ 10l/m||38.9Amp/28.0kW||Temperature adjustable 30-50 degrees||3||5|
|Stiebel Eltron||DHF 13 C-AU||21c rise @ 10l/m||19.7Amp/14.2kW||N/A||3||5|
|Stiebel Eltron||DHF 15 C-AU||23c rise @ 10l/m||22.5Amp/16.1kW||N/A||3||5|
|Stiebel Eltron||SimpleX||25c rise @ 4.5l/m||20.0Amp/13.2kW||N/A||3||5|
|Wilson||Super X||40c rise @ 4.5l/m||18.0Amp/13.0kW||N/A||3||2|
|Wilson||A5: 20 amp||40c rise @ 4.5l/m||20.0Amp/14.4kW||N/A||3||2|
|Wilson||A5; 23 amp||45c rise @ 4.5l/m||23.0Amp/16.56kW||N/A||3||2|
|Wilson||A5; 18 amp||50c rise @ 4.5l/m||18.0Amp/12.96kW||N/A||3||2|
Single Phase Power Systems
Three Phase Power Systems
Steibel Eltron DHF13Buy Now
Stiebel Eltron DEL18Supply Only $1,200.00
or 4 payments of $300.00 with Afterpay
Supply & InstallNSW $1,650.00Buy Now Supply & Install (NSW/VIC/QLD)
Stiebel Eltron DEL27Supply Only $1,250.00
or 4 payments of $312.50 with Afterpay
Supply & InstallNSW $1,700.00Buy Now Supply & Install (NSW/VIC/QLD)
Stiebel Eltron DHB-E 27Buy Now
Stiebel Eltron DHE18Supply Only $1,480.00
or 4 payments of $370.00 with Afterpay
Supply & InstallNSW $1,930.00Buy Now Supply & Install (NSW/VIC/QLD)
Stiebel Eltron DHE27Supply Only $1,530.00
or 4 payments of $382.50 with Afterpay
Supply & InstallNSW $1,980.00Buy Now Supply & Install (NSW/VIC/QLD)
Stiebel Eltron DHF15 (NSW ONLY)Supply Only $870.00
or 4 payments of $217.50 with Afterpay
Supply & InstallNSW $1,320.00Buy Now Supply & Install (NSW/VIC/QLD)
Call us NOW on 1300 721 996
- Pricing is subject to site conditions and onsite inspection.
- Note: laundry, apartment, and cupboard installations will likely require onsite quotation and may not be subject to advertised pricing due to complexity of works.
- Supply & Install prices are for like for like installations.
- Supply & Install prices include removal of old system.
- Supply & Install products purchased by credit card are subject to an additional 1% surcharge.
- Open air free parking space will need to be provided by customer at the same location as the installation. Additional charges may apply if this cannot be provided.
- Additional ($90.00 Incl GST) cost for installation of a cold water expansion valve if required.
- Hot Water Systems may require a 20% restocking fee.
- Non 50˚C preset models require a tempering valve ($185.00 inc GST) if feeding bathrooms or general hand washing areas.
- Additional ($90.00 inc GST) cost for installation of 15mm Duo Valve if required.
- Additional ($110.00 inc GST) cost for installation of 15mm Pressure Limiting Valve if required.
- Additional ($65.00 inc GST) cost for Concrete Slab or Pizza Base if required.